Hi there fellow developer and game enthusiast!
At Fall Damage we develop the games we’re interested in and aren’t “locked” on one genre. We care deeply about having an open and collaborative environment as well as how we develop our games.
Our studio has a mix of junior and senior developers with a background from a wide range of genres. We believe that diversity is strength and that only through collaboration and sharing of ideas within the group, is how we can evolve.
We are building a high-profile, competitive, FPS game in Unreal Engine 4 and are hiring awesome people in multiple areas of game development. There’s a lot of fun technical challenges ahead of us. From designing matchmaking criteria to sharpening up our delivery process, and enhancing multiplayer experience (to mention a few!). Below are some of the issues we are trying to solve, and who knows, maybe it’s you who'll help us get it done!
- How can we measure and improve hit registration in the game?
- How does Unreal's built-in disconnection/reconnection/late-join handling work? Can we improve on it?
- How do we design a set of matchmaking criteria that work for both small and large player populations?
- How do we utilize player presence information to reliably show which of a player's friends are ready to play, without overloading the backend systems?
- Can we use a GitOps model to manage a Jenkins cluster effectively?
- How do we apply changes if the cluster never is idle?
- How do we create a useful TDD programming workflow for code that targets Unreal Engine?
- What technology/process/people changes make sense for increasing the happiness of my group?
- Which engine changes are worthwhile, given that each change incurs a perpetual maintenance cost? How do we combine this with our engine upgrade strategy?
- How do we keep track of our game's CPU and memory usage over time?
- How do we ensure game builds and patches are delivered effectively to user's machines?
- How do we prevent a GC-centric object handling model from causing hitches in the middle of gameplay?
We are hiring for all the roles mentioned above, and of course a bunch of other sweet roles (which you can checkout HERE). Are these type of challenges something you’d like to deal with on a daily-basis? Are you an open and humble individual with at least couple of years of experience building games, fluent in English and currently residing in Sweden? Great, then we want to speak to you!
Curious about what’s under the hood? These are some of the technologies we use within tech:
UE4, C++, Blueprints, Plastic SCM, Git, Sentry, Jenkins, GitHub Actions, Steam, C#, Go, Google Cloud Platform, Packer, Terraform
Come join us!
Do you believe that this could be your next quest? Great, we would love to hear from you! We ask that your application always include relevant work samples or a link to your portfolio, GitHub or similar. Furthermore, we really like to get to know YOU, so just be yourself and tell us why you are into gaming and what you actually enjoy doing.
* Note: We currently don't offer to relocate talent on a global level at this point in our quest. We are a growing studio and the capacity is simply lacking, so we will primarily focus on talents already residing in Sweden or EU citizens. Of course, we hope to be able to offer broader relocation in a not to distant future.
BUZZ: UE4, UE3, UE, Developer, Engineer, Software Engineer, Software Developer, Game Developer, Multiplayer, First Person Shooter, Multiplayer Programmer, Online Programmer, Game Dev, Game Dev Jobs, Game Developer Jobs, Systems Developer, Tech Lead, Domain Tech lead, Automation Developer, CI/CD Engineer, Backend Developer, Fullstack Developer, Infrastructure, Platform, Player Behavior, Spelutvecklare, Game programmer, Unreal Engine