Does the idea of giving players something more than just the second to second gameplay fill you with intrigue? Do you break down progression in other games to find the optimal path to unlock everything as soon as possible? Then we want to have a chat with you!
We are currently ramping up the team for our first high-profile FPS, and want an open and collaborative new team member to join us in the role as Game Designer/Progression Designer.
Your mission will be to create the systems that will continue to engage our players over time. You will also use your creative sid and come up with different types of engaging content that our players simply can't resist playing one more round to access. You will work together with all departments to ensure that there is both content and technology to support the progression design. Sound like fun? Well. It is!
Your player profile
You love gaming and the art of creating solutions to really engage the player. What's the perfect set up for unlocks, daily challenge and in-game missions? Well, you tell us! At Fall Damage we believe that skills don't come in "x-years-of-experience" (but some is needed of course) and value your potential. We care deeply about how we develop games, collaborate and improve together.
- At least 1 year of professional experience as a Game Designer, Progression Designer or Technical Designer
- Solid understanding about the ideas, psychological drivers and processes that engage players to continue playing
- Fluent in English
- Experience creating games in the FPS/shooter genre
- Having worked on at least one game in Unreal
- Experience with some of the following languages: Unreal Blueprints, Lua, Python, C#
Ready to level up? Come join our team!
If you think that this position matches your background and skills, we would love to hear from you. We ask that your application always include relevant work samples or a link to your portfolio, GitHub or similar. Furthermore, we really like to get to know YOU, so be yourself and tell us why you are into gaming and what you actually enjoy doing.
* Note: We currently don't offer to relocate talent on a global level at this point in our quest. The capacity is simply lacking so we will primarily focus on talents already residing in Sweden on a temporary or permanent visa. This is something we, of course, hope to be able to offer in a not to distant future.
BUZZ: UE4, UE3, UE, Developer, Engineer, Software Engineer, Software Developer, Game Developer, Multiplayer, First Person Shooter, Multiplayer Programmer, Player Behaviour, Spelutvecklare, level up, unlocks, daily challenges