Do you enjoy mentoring fellow developers? Would you like to improve how our new FPS-game works under the hood as well as participate in product and design discussions? In short: you make technology, processes and people function.
As our Lead Systems Programmer you'll help a group of programmers that focus on core systems, performance and stability. You will make the team work at their best, both as individuals and as members of the whole dev team. You will use your technical and analytical skills to make informed choices as to which long-term initiatives need to be executed on for the game development to follow a good trajectory throughout its entire development period.
Are you game?
You get to tackle questions such as:
"How far can we reasonably reduce the frequency of playtests getting postponed/cancelled due to stability problems?"
"How do we ensure that the game maintains a steady x FPS on the recommended spec machine throughout the second half of development, and how should we balance this responsibility between content creators and programmers?"
"Which engine changes are worthwhile, given that each change incurs a perpetual maintenance cost? How do we combine this with our engine upgrade strategy?"
"What technology/process/people changes make sense for increasing the happiness of my group?"
"What technology/process/people changes related to my group would benefit the game team as a whole?"
Your player profile
We want you who are just as comfortable discussing the big picture with non-technical team members & management, as you are discussing implementation details with domain specialists. You simply love which combines tech and humans within the game domain!
We offer a supportive environment where people can hone their game development skills while enjoying each others' company. We care deeply about how we develop games, collaborate and - So should you.
- 8+ years of professional game development experience, or the equivalent
- C/C++ code is home base and you have experience with vastly different styles and quality
- You have shipped high-end PC and/or console games, and lived to tell the tale
- You have an intimate understanding of computer architecture; from source code, down to instructions, registers, memory and caches, and back again
- Experience with CI/CD pipelines and automated testing
- You have experience with releases, branch handling and certification processes
Ready to level up? Come join us!
Do you believe that this could be your next quest? Great, we would love to hear from you! We ask that your application always include relevant work samples or a link to your portfolio, GitHub or similar. Furthermore, we really like to get to know YOU, so just be yourself and tell us why you are into gaming and what you actually enjoy doing.
* Note: We currently can't offer to relocate talent on a global level at this point in our quest. The capacity is simply lacking so we will primarily focus on talents already residing in Sweden on a temporary or permanent visa. This is something we, of course, hope to be able to offer in a not to distant future.
Buzz: Infrastructure, Platform, Game Development, Software Engineer, Programmer, Backend Developer, Backend, Fullstack, Player Behaviour, UX, UI, C++, Unreal Enginge, UE4, Unity, Lua, VFX, FPS, First Person Shooter, Multiplayer