Online Game Feature Developer - Fall Damage Studio, Stockholm
As an Online Programmer at Fall Damage you will use your programming skills to enhance the "play online" aspect of in the studio's upcoming FPS.
Do you love games, solving problems to enhance gamer's experience and creating robust features that runs smoothly on a global level? If you're also a collaborative team-player, the you should join our team in Stockholm!
We are working on our first high-profile FPS. You will use your programming skills to build online-related game features. You are also invited to participate in product and design discussions, be they large and small.
We believe that team performance is more important than individual performance. It's not all about yourself; what can you do to help the team? And what can the team do to help you? Fall Damage offers a supportive environment where people can hone their software development skills while enjoying each others' company.
Are you game?
You get to tackle questions such as:
"How do we utilize player presence information to reliably show which of a player's friends are ready to play, without overloading the backend systems?"
"How do we design a set of matchmaking criteria that work for both small and large player populations?"
"How do we expose what things that the player should have access to (via purchases or other means) to the rest of the game code in a simple and reliable manner?"
Your player profile
We believe that skills don't come in "x-years-of-experience" and values the individual’s potential. We care deeply about how we develop games, collaborate and improve continuously.
- A minimum 2 years of professional game development experience, or the equivalent
- C/C++ is home base
- Familiarity with the Unreal engine; both the engine itself and common subsystems (actors, online subsystems, ...), from functional as well as performance and resource management aspects
- Familiarity with how to build and scale backend systems
- Familiarity with security in client-server systems
- A continued interest in learning new tools and technologies
- Fluent in English (read / written)
Above & Beyond
Perhaps you bring more than your programming skills to the table? Do you often ask yourself not just "how", but "why", in a constructive manner? Do you excel when collaborating tightly with non-programmers? Do you enjoy improving processes and automation? Are your homemade cheesecakes renowned in your neighbourhood? Let us know!
Ready to level up? Come join us!
Do you believe that this could be your next quest? Great, we would love to hear from you! We ask that your application always include relevant work samples or a link to your portfolio, GitHub or similar. Furthermore, we really like to get to know YOU, so just be yourself and tell us why you are into gaming and what you actually enjoy doing.
* Note: We currently don't offer to relocate talent on a global level at this point in our quest. We are a growing studio and the capacity is simply lacking, so we will primarily focus on talents already residing in Sweden and EU citizens. Of course, we hope to be able to offer broader relocation in a not to distant future.
Buzz: Game Developer, Software Engineer, Programmer, Backend Developer, Architect Game Engine, Player Behaviour, UX, UI, C++, Unreal, VFX, FPS, First Person Shooter, UE3 UE4, In-game features