Do you love bringing characters to life in gaming worlds? Are you a creative creator who thrives in leading teams? Well great! Because it so happens that we want an open-minded and collaborative Lead Character Artist to join our squad in Stockholm!
We are working on our first high-profile FPS and believe that team-play is more important than individual performance. It's not all about yourself; what can you do to help the team? And what can the team do to help you? We offer a supportive environment where people can hone their game development skills while enjoying each others' company.
As a lead for our character team we expect you to be organized and help others plan their work. Continuously make sure that the group work towards the set art direction and the goals for the character team. You will develop and maintain a stable production pipeline for creating character assets in an efficient manner, while making sure that everyone in your group is having a great working experience and help them grow as artists.
Your player profile
You have a strong passion for art and the creation of characters for games. Furthermore, you enjoy sharing your knowledge and are comfortable educating and coaching team members. At Fall Damage we care deeply about how we develop games, collaborate and improve continuously. Furthermore, openess and inclusiveness is what we live by. Hopefully, you share our view.
- You have worked in the computer/video games industry for several years and you know well the trials and tribulations of getting a game out the door and into the eager hands of the players
- A solid understanding of how to build art that is both high-performance and good-looking in Unreal
- A good sense of anatomy, and proportions
- A continued interest in learning new tools and technologies
- Fluent in English (read/write)
Our hard surface/organic workflow
- Marvelous Designer
- Substance Painter
Ready to level up? Come join us!
If you think that this position matches your background and skills, we would love to hear from you. We ask that your application always include relevant work samples or a link to your portfolio. Furthermore, we really like to get to know YOU, so be yourself and tell us why you are into gaming and what you actually enjoy doing.
* Note: We currently don't offer to relocate talent on a global level at this point in our quest. We are a growing studio and the capacity is simply lacking, so we will primarily focus on talents already residing in Sweden and EU citizens. Of course, we hope to be able to offer broader reloaction in a not to distant future.