Are you all about tunes, tech and gaming? Well great! Because it so happens that we want an open-minded and collaborative Audio Software Engineer to join our team in Stockholm!
We are working on our first high-profile FPS. You will use your programming skills and knowledge of audio to enable the audio team in creating the aural experience. You are also invited to participate in product and design discussions, be they large and small.
We believe that team-play is more important than individual performance. It's not all about yourself; what can you do to help the team? And what can the team do to help you? We offer a supportive environment where people can hone their game development skills while enjoying each others' company.
You get to tackle questions such as:
"How can we improve how the player understands their surroundings via sound?"
"What is a good balance between CPU usage and aural richness across our target machines?"
"How can we improve the aural richness through audio streaming, when there are sounds that must have a <50ms trigger delay?"
Your player profile
We believe that skills don't come in "x-years-of-experience" and values the individual’s potential. We care deeply about how we develop games, collaborate and improve continuously.
- A minimum 2 years of professional game development experience
- C/C++ is home base
- Familiarity with the Unreal engine; both the engine itself and common subsystems (sound, cinematic, animation, ...), from functional as well as performance and resource management aspects
- A solid understanding of audio and how to implement aural effects in a practical manner
- A continued interest in learning new tools and technologies
- Good collaboration and communication skills
- Fluent in English (read / written)
Above & Beyond
Perhaps you bring more than your programming skills to the table? Do you often ask yourself not just "how", but "why", in a constructive manner? Do you excel when collaborating tightly with non-programmers? Do you enjoy improving processes and automation? Are your homemade cheesecakes renowned in your neighbourhood? Let us know!
Ready to level up? Come join us!
If you think that this position matches your background and skills, we would love to hear from you. We ask that your application always include relevant work samples or a link to your portfolio, GitHub or similar. Furthermore, we really like to get to know YOU, so be yourself and tell us why you are into gaming and what you actually enjoy doing.
* Note: We currently can't offer to relocate talent on a global level at this point in our quest. The capacity is simply lacking so we will primarily focus on talents already residing in Sweden on a temporary or permanent visa. This is something we, of course, hope to be able to offer in a not to distant future.
Buzz: Game Developer, Software Engineer, Programmer, Backend Developer, Game Engine, Player Behaviour, UX, UI, C++, Unity, VFX, FPS, First Person Shooter