Fall Damage is looking for an Automation Engineer to join our team in Stockholm. We are working on our first high-profile FPS. You will use your programming & systems engineering skills to make our internal development processes run smoothly, releases painless and software updates frequent. You are also invited to participate in product and design discussions, be they large and small.
We believe that team performance is more important than individual performance. It's not all about yourself; what can you do to help the team? And what can the team do to help you? Fall Damage offers a supportive environment where people can hone their software development skills while enjoying each others' company.
You get to tackle questions such as:
"Can we use a GitOps model to manage a Jenkins cluster effectively? How do we apply changes if the cluster never is idle?"
"What is the ideal tooling to get people to participate in internal playtests with minimal friction?"
"How do we accelerate workstation-centric jobs (build code, cook content, compile shaders) when people no longer are seated in an office?"
"How do we create a useful TDD programming workflow for code that targets Unreal Engine?"
Your player profile:
We believe that skills don't come in "x-years-of-experience" and values the individual’s potential. We care deeply about how we develop games, collaborate and improve continuously.
- A minimum 2 years of professional software development experience
- Strong programming skills in at least one language that is popular within software automation; familiarity with C++
- Familiarity with CI/CD pipelines
- Familiarity with cloud-based infrastructure
- A continued interest in learning new tools and technologies
- Fluent in English (read / written)
Above & Beyond
Perhaps you bring more than your programming skills to the table? Do you often ask yourself not just "how", but "why", in a constructive manner? Do you excel when collaborating tightly with non-programmers? Do you enjoy improving processes and automation? Are your homemade cheesecakes renowned in your neighbourhood? Let us know!
Ready to level up? Come join us!
Do you believe that this could be your next quest? Great, we would love to hear from you! We ask that your application always include relevant work samples or a link to your portfolio, GitHub or similar. Furthermore, we really like to get to know YOU, so just be yourself and tell us why you are into gaming and what you actually enjoy doing.
* Note: We currently can't offer to relocate talent on a global level at this point in our quest. The capacity is simply lacking so we will primarily focus on talents already residing in Sweden on a temporary or permanent visa. This is something we, of course, hope to be able to offer in a not to distant future.
Buzz: Game Developer, Software Engineer, Programmer, Backend Developer, Game Engine, Player Behaviour, UX, UI, C++, Unity, VFX, FPS, First Person Shooter