Fall Damage is looking for a Systems Programmer to join our team in Stockholm. We are working on our first high-profile FPS. You will use your programming skills to improve how the game works under the hood, and create plumbing that enables others to build user-facing features. You are also invited to participate in product and design discussions, be they large and small.
We believe that team performance is more important than individual performance. It's not all about yourself; what can you do to help the team? And what can the team do to help you? Fall Damage offers a supportive environment where people can hone their game development skills while enjoying each others' company.
You get to tackle questions such as:
"How do we keep track of our game's CPU and memory usage over time?"
"How do we enable individual programmers and content creators to understand the high-level performance impact of their changes?"
"How do we prevent a GC-centric object handling model from causing hitches in the middle of gameplay?"
"How do we improve our logging strategy to such a point that a crash report + centralized logs are enough to fix the majority of fatal errors?"
"How do we ensure game builds and patches are delivered effectively to user's machines?"
Your player profile:
We believe that skills don't come in "x-years-of-experience" and values the individual’s potential. We care deeply about how we develop games, collaborate and improve continuously.
- A minimum 2 years of professional game development experience, or the equivalent
- C/C++ is home base
- Familiarity with the Unreal engine; both the engine itself and common subsystems (physics, animation, ...), from functional as well as performance and resource management aspects
- A good understanding of computer hardware and how to write performant high-level code
- A continued interest in learning new tools and technologies
- Fluent in English (read / written)
Above & Beyond
Perhaps you bring more than your programming skills to the table? Do you often ask yourself not just "how", but "why", in a constructive manner? Do you excel when collaborating tightly with non-programmers? Do you enjoy improving processes and automation? Are your homemade cheesecakes renowned in your neighbourhood? Let us know!
Ready to level up? Come join us!
Do you believe that this could be your next quest? Great, we would love to hear from you! We ask that your application always include relevant work samples or a link to your portfolio, GitHub or similar. Furthermore, we really like to get to know YOU, so just be yourself and tell us why you are into gaming and what you actually enjoy doing.
* Note: We currently don't offer to relocate talent on a global level at this point in our quest. We are a growing studio and the capacity is simply lacking, so we will primarily focus on talents already residing in Sweden and EU citizens. Of course, we hope to be able to offer broader relocation in a not to distant future.
Buzz: Game Developer, Software Engineer, Programmer, Backend Developer, Game Engine, Player Behaviour, UX, UI, C++, Unity, VFX, FPS, First Person Shooter