Fall Damage is looking for a Network Programmer to join our team in Stockholm. We are working on our first high-profile FPS. You will use your programming skills to ensure that the entire multiplayer/multi-machine aspect of the game runs well. You are also invited to participate in product and design discussions, be they large and small.
We believe that team performance is more important than individual performance. It's not all about yourself; what can you do to help the team? And what can the team do to help you? Fall Damage offers a supportive environment where people can hone their game development skills while enjoying each others' company.
You get to tackle questions such as:
"How can we measure and improve improve hit registration in the game?"
"How do we keep tabs on our UDP bandwidth usage and packet sizes as we add content and functionality to the game?"
"How does Unreal's built-in disconnection/reconnection/late-join handling work? Can we improve on it?"
"Can we eliminate entire classes of synchronization bugs by changing how gameplay code interfaces with the network layer?"
Your player profile:
We believe that skills don't come in "x-years-of-experience" and values the individual’s potential. We care deeply about how we develop games, collaborate and improve continuously.
- A minimum 2 years of professional game development experience
- C/C++ is home base
- Familiarity with the Unreal engine; both the engine itself and common subsystems (networking, replication, ...), from functional as well as performance and resource management aspects
- A solid understanding of distributed processing concepts, and how they map to reality
- Familiarity with security in computer networks
- A continued interest in learning new tools and technologies
- Fluent in English (read / written)
Above & Beyond
Perhaps you bring more than your programming skills to the table? Do you often ask yourself not just "how", but "why", in a constructive manner? Do you excel when collaborating tightly with non-programmers? Do you enjoy improving processes and automation? Are your homemade cheesecakes renowned in your neighbourhood? Let us know!
Ready to level up? Come join us!
Do you believe that this could be your next quest? Great, we would love to hear from you! We ask that your application always include relevant work samples or a link to your portfolio, GitHub or similar. Furthermore, we really like to get to know YOU, so just be yourself and tell us why you are into gaming and what you actually enjoy doing.
* Note: We currently can't offer to relocate talent on a global level at this point in our quest. The capacity is simply lacking so we will primarily focus on talents already residing in Sweden on a temporary or permanent visa. This is something we, of course, hope to be able to offer in a not to distant future.
Buzz: Game Developer, Software Engineer, Programmer, Backend Developer, Game Engine, Player Behaviour, UX, UI, C++, Unity, VFX, FPS, First Person Shooter, Platform, Cloud, DevOps, Docker, Kubernetes