We are looking for several Gameplay Programmers to join our team and work on our first high-profile FPS!
You will use your programming skills to build and improve anything related to gameplay and gameplay systems. You are also invited to participate in product and design discussions, be they large and small.
We believe that team performance is more important than individual performance. It's not all about yourself; what can you do to help the team? And what can the team do to help you? Fall Damage offers a supportive environment where people can hone their game development skills while enjoying each others' company.
Your player profile:
We believe that skills don't come in "x-years-of-experience" and values the individual’s potential. We care deeply about how we develop games, collaborate and improve continuously.
- A minimum 2 years of professional game development experience
- C/C++ is home base
- Familiarity with the Unreal engine; both the engine itself and common subsystems (physics, animation, ...), from functional as well as performance and resource management aspects
- A thorough understanding of what makes gameplay mechanisms fun and appealing
- A grasp of applied 3D maths
- A continued interest in learning new tools and technologies
- Fluent in English (read / written)
Above & Beyond
Perhaps you bring more than your gameplay programming skills to the table? Do you often ask yourself not just "how", but "why", in a constructive manner? Do you excel when collaborating tightly with non-programmers? Do you enjoy improving processes and automation? Are your homemade cheesecakes renowned in your neighbourhood? Let us know!
Ready to level up? Come join us!
If you think that this position matches your background and skills, we would love to hear from you. We ask that your application always include relevant work samples or a link to your portfolio. Furthermore, we really like to get to know YOU, so be yourself and tell us why you are into gaming and what you actually enjoy doing.
Buzz: Game Developer, Software Engineer, Programmer, Backend Developer, Game Engine, Game Engineer, Player Behaviour, UX, UI, C++, Unity, VFX, FPS, First Person Shooter, Secret stuff